Saturday, February 16, 2008

Arrested Development. On the Big Screen. (!)



There was this little show that I was obsessed with called Arrested Development. I stumbled on it the day it premiered, finding it because I was watching whatever crap was on Fox before the show aired. Episode 1 was all it took to sucker me in for life and turn me into a loyal and hardcore fan. It unfortunately didn't have a massive audience to keep it going beyond its three glorious seasons. My hopes were up when a cable channel offered to continue airing AD, but Mitch Hurwitz declined and in the process broke my Never-Nude loving heart. It was a truly sad day in my entertainment world.

Flash forward a few years and it seems like the writers' strike has managed to produce something amazing: The beautiful men behind the show have been in talks to make a movie of AD (linkage here). The thought of more Bluth screen time, specifically Tobias, G.O.B., George Michael, and Michael, caused me to spazz and do a little dance of joy to Marky Mark's tune "Good Vibrations". I kick ass like that. I don't know what the movie is about, nor do I really care at this point. Just satisfy my AD thirst and I will watch anything they put up there. In Tobias's immortal words, "HUZZAH!"

Europe - "Final Countdown (Edited)"


John Hiatt - "Cry Love"

No comments: