Tuesday, September 11, 2007

How Do You Open An Email?...

I have a problem. Whenever I get emails from "certain" people, something inside stops me from opening it to read it. I somehow end up thinking that the worst is in that email and the longer I hold out and am ignorant of its content, the better I will be off. Obviously that thinking always equals a big "dumb". But I can't do it. Right now as I type this there's an email from a professor I asked to write me a letter of recommendation. I emailed him a week ago asking for a status update on that letter's progress and was getting nervous over his lack of response. I was even thinking of ways to go to his office, fearful and shaky, and just ask how my very important letter was coming along. Now that he finally responded, I can't force my finger to click it open. I'm stuck staring at it and then closing the page down. Then I bring it back up, knowing I should read it. So painful.

No comments: